Sunday, May 6, 2007

Can you say "Rejuvinated"? !!!!



I'm back & had the most fabulously relaxing vacation ever! No computer for a week was definately challenging but well worth it! I recommend it to all. Sometimes we just need to spend quality time with the ones we love without alot of distractions. It was most liberating!

Feeling so rejuvinated, I decided to dust off a couple of projects that were on the back burner. The first , a cage doll. She is a labor of love. I may actually keep her as she and I have become very close!

I'd love to hear from other artists about peices they chose to keep for themselves! This was a first for me!

The next was intended to be listed in time for Mother's Day. Well that didn't happen obviously, lol. She still needs a baby & arms to hold it!! She is done in artist pencils. Such a loving expression she has on her downcast face.

9 comments:

Lori said...

She is beautiful!! I would keep her for myself also.

Carole said...

Beautiful cage doll! If I were you, I would want to keep every doll you make! Obviously I can't keep a mural I have painted, but when I shop for things for my "country store", there are things that I love, and hate to part with, but at least I get to keep them until they are sold.

dolls of yore said...

Hey Nancy-pants! I just discovered your blog through Tink! How wonderful! I will be adding you to my list of favorite blogs. I adore your dollies!
T

maija said...

I love your work.

Kingfisher Farm said...

Oooooo me too Nancy I would have to keep her!!! I love all your dollies expressions, they are so ethereal, they come from anther world.........to grace this one so beautifully! Pam

Designs by Kat Lees said...

Oh my god Nancy she is absolutely gorgeous, I love that face, how did you do her face.....it just jumps out at you......love it.
Hugs, Kat

diane allison-stroud said...

i found you!! thanks for the link so i can watch whats new...

i'm not tempted to keep what i make, if i'm keeping it it's only for the reason that i've REALLY messed up...my walls are covered with the mess-ups, but i enjoy them. love the dolls and can't wait to see them finished...

PEA said...

Did she stay a redhead? She is wonderful and would LOVE to see the finished piece. Love that face. Love your work. adding you to my links.
Blessings to you and yours,Pea

PEA said...

Nan,
Oh Thank you for your comment on my blog. WOW that made me feel good.
I think you are a very pretty lady. Tiny little thing too. I wish! I can't wait to see the red head finished. She will be stunning I am sure. Your work is amazing.
Blessings and thanks again for making my day!
Pea